Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pongsakon_J
Contributor
Contributor

Wildmatch and If ()

Hi,

I want to know how to apply this expression IF(FIND("HO1",UPPER([Field_Text]))<>"",VALUE([Field_Date])+VALUE([Field_Time]),"") in excel file to qlik sense

Now I used the If(len(WildMatch(UPPER([Field_Text]),'HO1'))=0,Null(),timestamp(Date#([Field_Date], 'MM/DD/YYYY')+Time#([Field_Time], 'hh:mm'), 'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm')) but this expression is not working.

Could you please fix this formula?

Thank you

Labels (2)
5 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try like:

If(WildMatch(UPPER([Field_Text]),'*HO1*')) , timestamp(Date#([Field_Date], 'MM/DD/YYYY')+Time#([Field_Time], 'hh:mm'), 'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm')) 

Pongsakon_J
Contributor
Contributor
Author

tresesco,

Thank you, I'm using your expression but the data shown null in all row, although the data in Field_Text have 'HO1' in text.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

The problem could lie in other part of your expression, let's figure that out. Try this:

If(WildMatch(UPPER([Field_Text]),'*HO1*')) , 'Found') as Test

If you find 'Found' is appearing, you are sure that the issue is with date#()...

Pongsakon_J
Contributor
Contributor
Author

tresesco,

Yes, 'Found' is appearing.

but now I don't know how to show Date and Time on some Field in this Field

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Now it's about getting your timestamp fields rightly loaded. You need date#() or time#() when your fields are read by qlik as strings. However, there is a chance that they are actually being read as timestamp and then you don't need to parse them. You could just try like:

timestamp([Field_Date] +[Field_Time], 'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm')