Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bertrand_herard
Partner - Contributor III

Will it be possible to use a custom WMS (that is to say to use any SIG map instead of the Openstreet map) in the Map objects ?

Hi,

I like the beta Map Object. The only point is you're forced to use openstreet map for the moment.

I know this list will be upgraded and I'd like to know if it will be possible use any WMS (that is to say to use any SIG map instead of the Openstreet map) in the Map objects ?

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi Betrand,

The plan is to deliver shortly the ability to use any Slippy Map by any provider that uses the same URL convention that OpenSteetMaps does.

That will open up the ability to use many other tile servers by many other providers (including locally hosted tile servers). The help will include a useful sample of possible URLs from a variety of different providers.

Later we will look at mapping providers that require a custom URL format (including those that require API keys) and make individual decisions on if/when we should implement them.

Regards,

Dan

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable

I think we have to wait for the Product Team to answer your Question, hope they can give you some more details on further plans for the Map Object.

Not applicable

Hi Betrand,

The plan is to deliver shortly the ability to use any Slippy Map by any provider that uses the same URL convention that OpenSteetMaps does.

That will open up the ability to use many other tile servers by many other providers (including locally hosted tile servers). The help will include a useful sample of possible URLs from a variety of different providers.

Later we will look at mapping providers that require a custom URL format (including those that require API keys) and make individual decisions on if/when we should implement them.

Regards,

Dan

bertrand_herard
Author

Hi,

thanks for your answer. Now that Qlik Sense Maps configuration is available.

I'd like to know what is the complete (technical ?) definition of a Slippy Maps ? What Qlik sense really needs ?

In your link above, the global definition of Slippy Map is : "Slippy Map is, in general, a term referring to modern web maps which let you zoom and pan around (the map slips around when you drag the mouse)."

I'd like to use a local GIS for map tiles in Qlik sense. with my GIS (and OpenLayers), I can display a map, and navigate or zoom in it with the mouse. (so it seems similar to the previous definition).

But In Qlik sense help, I only find url finishing by /${z}/${x}/${y}.png. So I trying to link the functional definition and theses urls :

Can you please tell me more about theses "/${z}/${x}/${y}.png" urls ? What do I need to develop to allow Qlik Sense to use a local GIS ? Is there an official technical definition of Slippy maps (technology, communication ...)

Best regards

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Bertrand,

Thanks for your question. I will see if our @Dan Engljsh can help.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
bertrand_herard
Author

OK thanks,For your information I've published this question in a new post :

as I think this is a different question and it is not answered yet

Regards