Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greend21
Creator III
Creator III

Will "My Sheets" stay if app is updated on the server?

If we have an app in production on the server and users create their own sheets, once we update the app and it is moved up to replace the version on the server will their sheets under My Sheets remain or do they get removed? The app name and ID would remain the same. My hope is that they remain. Some people create their own custom views/ and reports based off our Base Sheets and I don't want them to be wiped out.

Labels (1)
  • sheet

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

@Sandy1  is quite right but to add some technical color:

Let's take a published app, it can have the following elements:

1. Base Content (Sheets, bookmarks, stories)
  2. Community Content (Sheets)
  3. Private Content (Sheets, bookmarks, stories)

When doing a publish and replace, Qlik Sense replaces the set described in (1) with whatever is in the app being published on top of the published app. (2) and (3) are expected to be unaffected by publish and replace operations.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
peter_put
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I had some issues with bookmarks in the past (since it is possible that they are no longer valid) but sheets should remain there.

Kind regards,

Peter

Sandy1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,
As long as you do 'Publish and replace', the sheets will remain in the user's My sheets as it is.
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

@Sandy1  is quite right but to add some technical color:

Let's take a published app, it can have the following elements:

1. Base Content (Sheets, bookmarks, stories)
  2. Community Content (Sheets)
  3. Private Content (Sheets, bookmarks, stories)

When doing a publish and replace, Qlik Sense replaces the set described in (1) with whatever is in the app being published on top of the published app. (2) and (3) are expected to be unaffected by publish and replace operations.

Lucinda334
Contributor
Contributor

My Sheets remain or do they get removed? The app name and ID would remain the same.

My hope is that they remain. Some people create their own custom views/ and reports based off our Base Sheets and I don't want them to be wiped out.