Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nishanthi_8
Creator
Creator

With Qlik Sense Desktop is it possible to have section access?

I need to create some login credentials before opening the app for Qlik Sense Desktop? But I couldn't do so. And I came to know only it is possible only in server edition. Is there any alternative way to do that?

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't think so. Can you explain why you think you need to create login credentials?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
nishanthi_8
Creator
Creator
Author

To restrict the access level of dashboard i need to create section access. Is there any alternative solution for that?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Nishanthi,

Qlik Sense Desktop is our free product, licensed for individual business and personal use. It does not have section access (dynamic data reduction)  security built into it. Yes you are correct, Qlik Sense Server does have this capability. I assume you mean bu access level, data level / row or column level security? If so, this can be done only with Qlik Sense Server. Again - Qlik Sense Desktop is only intended for individual users, so applying section access to locally created Qlik Sense apps - really would not make much sense etc.

Hope this helps.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik