Qlik Community

Ask a Question

New to Qlik Sense

If you’re new to Qlik Sense, start with this Discussion Board and get up-to-speed quickly.

Announcements
Our next Qlik Insider session will cover new key capabilities. Join us August 11th REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OmarBenSalem
Partner
Partner

Working with 2 periods in QlikSense

Hi all,

I want to work with 2 periods in Qlik Sense but I can't figure out a way to do it;

here's what I've done with QlikView:

I have 4 variables for my 2 periods (vDateFrom1, vDateTo1, vDateFrom2, vDateFrom2)

Capture.PNG

example of the expression:

Sum({<[Calendar date]={'>=$(=Date($(vDateFrom1)))<=$(=Date($(vDateTo1)))'}>}Montant_Vente)

Now, I want to do the same thing in QlikSense; How can I ?

I've tried to use 2 extensions I've found,

DateRangePicker and input variables:

with the input variables, I found out that it only can be text or number format !

With the Date Range Picker here's what I did:

Capture.PNG

I've chosen periode 1: last 7 days / periode 2 : last 30 days

the result is right, but what's appearing in the periods is so wrong (01/04/2016- 04/04/2016 !!

Is there another way to handle this??

5 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Omar,

Are  you making use of 4 date pickers? If so is it possible to share the expressions of the two KPI's you are using
?

Thanks,

Sangram.

OmarBenSalem
Partner
Partner
Author

4 date pickers? No ! In fact, I found an extension with that name (date picker); but when I try to use it don't work; there is an error message saying that the visualisation doesn't exists in the sense server.

In my case I'm using 2 date range picker extensions:

Capture.PNG

the dimension of the periode 1 data range picker extension: calendar date : the date of my master calendar

the dimension of the periode 2 data range picker extension: Date_Ticket: the date of my fact table

Sum periode 1: Sum({<[Date_Ticket]=>}Montant_Vente)

Sum periode 2: Sum({<[Calendar date]=>}Montant_Vente)

the result is accurate since I've chosen the last 7 days for periode 1 and last 30 days for periode 2 BUT, when you take a look at the dates appearing in the 2 range calendars, you'll see that  it appears that I've selected from 01/04/2016 to 04/04/2016 for both periods !!

I'm really confused ! Plus, I couldn't use any other calendar extension ! It always shows me the error message or appears as a blank when I drag and drop it ! the page remains blank !

OmarBenSalem
Partner
Partner
Author

Hi Sangram,

I'm really in need of a date picker object.

I found out that there might be an extension , the qWidget, that can be of a use in my case.

I found out that if we're a partner, we can have access to download it.

I am, but I can't; there is a restriction. Can you please help me with that? It's an urgency.

Thank you !

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Omar,

Post a request here: https://www.qlikcommunity.org/thread/158945?start=210&tstart=0

Ann-Louise Andersson will give you access.

Also drop in your email.

Thanks,

Sangram.

rbecher
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

..you need to import the daterangepicker extension as zip to the server via QMC.

- Ralf

Vizlib Head of R&D