Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neha_sri
Creator III
Creator III

Writeback in qliksense

Hi All,

I have a requirement where i need to update the qliksense table from front end and save the data in qliksense report only. I dont want to write back in data base, just I need to store it in qliksense report.

Is it possible?

Regards,

Neha

6 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

The requirement is confusing...

Of course you can create/update the front end if you have the data in back end

Once the user export the report he will have that data

Both can be done in default manner.

Not sure what you are asking for?

Do you have a sample/screenshots etc to share

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

No, you cannot update the Qlik Sense data model directly. You must execute script to modify the data.

-Rob

neha_sri
Creator III
Creator III
Author

So my requirement is something  example

I have one customer with some address say for example USA. Now the person has moved from USA to France. This address needs to be updated from the qlik report.

The admin will basically update the new address from qlik report.

Also now in the report the address of customer should reflect as France

MK9885
Master II
Master II

I think it should automatically update the region name if you have that field/table in your script...

Ex:

You have a script/table reading from a data base...

User location gets updated from USA to France in DB...

Now Qlik will refresh & read from that table, replace the USA to France automatically

It can also be in any XL file but condition here is the region name has been updated in DB or XL or etc so that Qlik can bring in updated value in UI.

Unless you saying, region should be updated in Qlik but not in DB then it will not work (it may work if you use use apply map or inline table) but I do not think this is what you are asking for..

To see any changes in Qlik, the data has to be updated from the source

anuj_qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Rob,

I am facing a problem in a Qlik sense mashup, there is a virtual proxy configured in QMC for a mashup using header authentication,

when I am login into the application using header user injection, I am able to login into the application also I am able to see the data as well,

But when I am trying to enter and save any data from Mashup [which should get saved into the DB] it is not allowing me to save the data and giving me the error "Failed to save comment"

But when I am doing the same with NT [default proxy] user I am able to save the data/comment.

I have checked the Dev tools in the browser [using header authentication], it shows me the 403 forbidden [Status Code] onto the writeback authentication URL,

Could you please help on this,

Regards,

Anuj

daniel_s-cubed
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Neha,

I hope you have found a solution to your request.

If not, then you should take a look at our native Qlik Sense write-back extension "Komment":

Komment 

It only use native Qlik functionality and APIs and hence, it can be installed right away without the involvement of IT. All your comments are stored to QVDs so there is no need for external services or databases.

Happy commenting 😊

All the best

Daniel