Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Year comparison in bar chart

Hello,

I asked almost the same question . Sum of the same companies in different years

but now, I want to add something. I want to compare the same periods of these years.

For example,

Today is 28 February. And I want to compare the data from January 1 to February 28 in these years.

Sum({<Company = p({<Year = {"$(=Max(Year) - 1)"}>})>}Measure)

Sum of the same companies in different years

How this formula can be changed ?

Also,

I want to compare all the companies that are in these years(2016,2017,2018)  If I add another year, for example, 2015, it should compare only the companies which are in all these 4years)

I compare these periods -- Year( as dimension)

Measure :=SUM({$<Date = {'>=$(=YearStart(Today()))<=$(=MonthEnd(Today()))'}>}FactSoldAmount)                                      Measure:=SUM({$<Date = {'>=$(=YearStart(AddYears(Today(),-1)))<=$(=MonthEnd(AddYears(Today(),-1)))'}>}FactSoldAmou         Measure:=SUM({$<Date = {'>=$(=YearStart(AddYears(Today(),-2)))<=$(=MonthEnd(AddYears(Today(),-2)))'}>}FactSoldAmount)

but I can't unite it with the formula that calculates the same companies in these years.

25 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I cant

sunny_talwar

Mock up data my friend...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It's okay.

Can I use this formula in bar chart like this?

28309995_2064236076950054_2098739438_o.jpg

In January second chart should be current year and  first chart should be the previous and it will show the sum for the same companies. But in this case I have 3years and I want to show all of them in all months'. I also want to have drill down  on them. When I select January , all dates  of the january should be shown and every date should have the comparison chart to the previous date( as it was in months)

sunny_talwar

I believe it should work, but I am new to Qlik Sense too... may be omarbensalem‌ can offer his expertise here

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry for disturbing you again, but can you tell me where should I add {1-$} in the formulas that you told me to ignore all current selections?

And thanks a lot !!! I really appreciate your help!!

sunny_talwar

In this one?

=Sum({$<Date = {">=$(=YearStart(Today()))<=$(=MonthEnd(Today()))"}>} FactSoldAmount)

=Sum({$<Date = {">=$(=YearStart(AddYears(Today(), -1)))<=$(=MonthEnd(AddYears(Today(), -1)))"}, Company = p({<Date = {">=$(=YearStart(Today()))<=$(=MonthEnd(Today()))"}>})>}FactSoldAmount)

=Sum({$<Date = {">=$(=YearStart(AddYears(Today(), -2)))<=$(=MonthEnd(AddYears(Today(), -2)))"}, Company = p({<Date = {">=$(=YearStart(Today()))<=$(=MonthEnd(Today()))"}>})>}FactSoldAmount)

May be here (I believe that just {1} should be enough not sure why you need {1-$}...

=Sum({1<Date = {">=$(=YearStart(Today()))<=$(=MonthEnd(Today()))"}>} FactSoldAmount)

=Sum({1<Date = {">=$(=YearStart(AddYears(Today(), -1)))<=$(=MonthEnd(AddYears(Today(), -1)))"}, Company = p({1<Date = {">=$(=YearStart(Today()))<=$(=MonthEnd(Today()))"}>})>}FactSoldAmount)

=Sum({1<Date = {">=$(=YearStart(AddYears(Today(), -2)))<=$(=MonthEnd(AddYears(Today(), -2)))"}, Company = p({1<Date = {">=$(=YearStart(Today()))<=$(=MonthEnd(Today()))"}>})>}FactSoldAmount)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes , it works .And if I want to ignore only the year and month?  I tried to write {1} only before the first date  but it seems I'm incorrect

sunny_talwar

Replace 1 with <Year, Month>

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello  

I have one question regarding this issue. I want to have climber selection bar where I can see the Companies in the years that I select.  I use the formulas that you told me in the bar chart and it works well.

=Sum({$<Year,Date = {">=$(=YearStart(Today()))<=$(=MonthEnd(Today()))"}>} FactSoldAmount)

=Sum({$<Year, Date = {">=$(=YearStart(AddYears(Today(), -1)))<=$(=MonthEnd(AddYears(Today(), -1)))"}, BranchID = p({<Year = {"$(=Max(Year))"}>})>} FactSoldAmount)

=Sum({$<Year, Date = {">=$(=YearStart(AddYears(Today(), -2)))<=$(=MonthEnd(AddYears(Today(), -2)))"}, BranchID = p({<Year = {"$(=Max(Year))"}>})>}FactSoldAmount)

In the climber bar I have company in dimension and it shows me all companies. But I want to show only the companies in these years.  And when I click years it works well. Can you help me ?

sunny_talwar

Climber bar? I am not sure I know what that is