Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

You can Enable or Disable Dimensions and individual measures, conditional dimensions would be welcome, is not it?

In creating Simple Tables or Pivot Tables or other graphic have the conditional option in each of the dimensions and measures

included is essential and shows versatility for development, not only in tables but all objects as

graphics we should have this option.

6 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Ricardo,

Check out the replies in this thread, they may help: Selection disabling on sheet visualizations

You can also define measures and dimensions with conditional statements such as this:

if (GetFieldSelections(StatusID) = '3', Sum(Sales), Count(ProductID))

(thread: Re: Conditional in chart in sense)

See sample attached:

Please copy .qvf file to your C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps and refresh Qlik Sense Desktop with F5

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,
Nice try , but the idea is to create a table and a scale indicating the names of the fields and KPI (s ) available , where the user choose which sizes he wants to appear in the table the same procedure for the KPI ( s), allowing that it has full interactivity with the same .
Regards,
Ricardo Oliva
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Ricardo,

I am not sure I understand you correctly, but what I believe you mean is something like this:

Emulating cyclic dimension group in Qlik Sense Desktop

Where a user has a list of measures and dimensions from a list box and they can CHOOSE what they want to display?

I think that is what you are referring to, can you verify?

Thanks

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

Almost there , we want to allow the user to select one or more dimensions and one or more kpi ( s), dynamic reports that it issues according to their needs.

Regards,

Ricardo Oliva

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

OK I see - that sounds more like something that can be done with our APIs and/or extension objects then. You would have to build a user interface and / or supporting objects to do so.

For example, you can see an example of how we use our APIs to create the "single" configuration utility - which allows you to select a Qlik Sense app and grab the code so it can be embedded in a web site.

If you have Qlik Sense Desktop started go to: http://localhost:4848/single

Here you can choose an app and apply various parameters to it, so the concept is there - it would just have to be built.

Or the workbench utility which allows you to place individual chart objects from an app in a HTML layout:

http://localhost:4848/workbench

If you have web development-type experience - you may want to check out this video series on the mash-ups and APIs:

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-6932#mashups

Let me see if bmz‌ or akl‌ have any additional input?

Brian / Alex - Ricardo would like to have a list of KPIs (I assume defined chart objects) with the ability to select the dimensions and measures for those KPIs. Do we have anything like that for Qlik Sense. Is there something that can be shared?

Thanks

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qli

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi everyone,

is there any new solution, aside of creating an extension, to reach what Ricardo asked for?

Thanks in advance,

Giovanni