Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your Qlik Sense Version has expired

Hello Everyone!

I once downloaded Qlik Sense just for quick testing when was released. I just have new interest in  give it a try again, so I opened it and I find the message "Your Qlik Sense Version has expired". Reading in other discussions, I decide to uninstall and download the newest version 1.0.4. But once I open it I got the same message.

Any idea whats the problem?

Screenshot_2.jpg

15 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

1) It's something we are exploring, a lot of infrastructure to allow for it has been put in place.

2) Yeah that's just a silly infrastructure issue on our end, we'll sort it out.
If you are registered customer you can always grab the software from demo.qlik.com/download

3) Nope. Apps, content libraries and extensions are not touched during a upgrade/uninstall process.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I agree.

Why make it so painful?

Amazing product, it will encourage clients to move to Qlik View.

Problem - if Qlik Sense is so painful, that I must go and uninstall and reinstall every few months, the clients will find an alternative.

Simply downloading the latest product and running the install does not work. You still get the expired message.

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Kevin,

What version are you trying to install?  I'm running 2.2.4 and I'm not getting the expiry message.  I've been doing installs right on top since 0.96 without issue.  I'd like to better understand what is happening on your end so we can improve our process.

Regards,

Josh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

V2111

I tried downloading again today. I suspected I was downloading too soon. It was 1 June, 3am Central African time. It would still be 31 May in USA.

The download today was different to 1 June. Todays download prompted me to check a tickbox to uninstall the older version.

I still get the expired message, and my installation it is still on v2111

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I suspect I know what the problem is.

When I try to Log-in to download Qlik Sense Desktop, I get redirected to eu-b.demo.qlik.com/download/

There is no choice there as to which version you are downloading.

It appears that the download I am getting is for Qlik View, instead of Qlik Sense.

I manually uninstalled Qlik Sense and the two training apps.

I installed the download. Now I only have Qlik View installed.

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Kevin,

It sounds like the redirect when you login isn't work correctly for your account.  I think I know what the issue is (it is on our side).  To get you moving forward, go to http://www.qlik.com/try-or-buy/download-qlik-sense/‌ and just complete the form to get the download.  I checked it just now and you will get 2.2.4.

-Josh

Qlik