Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
singbittoo
Creator
Creator

access localhost qlik sense report over the same network from different PC

like i and my friend both are on same network, now i created a sense report using qlik sense desktop, and i am accessing the dashboard via localhost:4848/hub, if i want someone else to see the same dashboard just by sharing them some web URL how to do it, just an example -  earlier i created  a web page and the using tomcat published it on localhost and everyone who was on that network was able to see that dashboard if they had the URL, now similar thing i want to achieve here ..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

‌Hy Guys - (Thanks for tagging me Omar)  - QS desktop is not designed to accept multiple incoming requests coming from other workstations - only QS Server can do that on an on premises install - regarding g the EULA it is also only licensed for individual business or personal use - in the situation you could subscribe to the cloud business version  for small monthly fee per user.   That will give you the security in control that you’re looking for - at a reasonably low cost.

The free version of cloud is an option but as you have stated anyone you invite to that - up the five shares for free - will be able to see your personal space - now keep in mind those are only people you invite  - not the entire public -  that has access to the cloud - just wanted to make sure you understood that 

Let me know if you have any other questions

Regards

MIke Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

6 Replies
OmarBenSalem

Use the Qlik Cloud; and share ur app with ur friend:

click here and u'll see how it works: (easy and free)

Capture.PNG

singbittoo
Creator
Creator
Author

but then everyone will be able to access the report, also the free service is open so anyone can access, also in qlik cloud extension wont work i guess.

Its just a mini project i am trying to do, so if there is anyway to achieve this or any idea how to do it will be helpful.

like when you publish your reports in server you can use iframe or mashups to add the reports in your webpage, but if i want my PC to act as server and then use the localhost url to access the report in some webpage using different PC in same network.

OmarBenSalem

Sorry Abhishek, I can't help you with that !

Maybe mto‌ could?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

‌Hy Guys - (Thanks for tagging me Omar)  - QS desktop is not designed to accept multiple incoming requests coming from other workstations - only QS Server can do that on an on premises install - regarding g the EULA it is also only licensed for individual business or personal use - in the situation you could subscribe to the cloud business version  for small monthly fee per user.   That will give you the security in control that you’re looking for - at a reasonably low cost.

The free version of cloud is an option but as you have stated anyone you invite to that - up the five shares for free - will be able to see your personal space - now keep in mind those are only people you invite  - not the entire public -  that has access to the cloud - just wanted to make sure you understood that 

Let me know if you have any other questions

Regards

MIke Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
singbittoo
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Mike,

for clarifying about the qlik cloud free version, i thought everyone will be able to see your dashboards.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

My pleasure - I thought you may have thought ALL PUBLIC - that's why I made sure to add that bit - but it is only for those you invite. I appreciate the update, continue to reach out as needed, we will do our best to assist.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik