Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

add data to basic table

Hello, I have one basic table and I made application for it. How I add new table in script? To automated add table with opening application. I shall add each day new one to old. I know, that is something like incremental load.

Condition - all tables are same, only values inside new tables are different and name of new table is different (part of name is date).

Example:

I have table with name:                     Basictable
second day                                       Newtable01

third day                                            Newtable02

fourth day                                          Newtable03

etc.

and I need join newtable each day to basic table. But still I need old data from tables that were inside before.

16 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

are you using a database connection ?

ramcena306
Creator II
Creator II

Hi, You can use Partial Reload..... Add only Condition.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Partial Reload is only available in QlikView with Publisher enterprise license.

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Qlik automatically concat tables with same fields (as you wrote, newtable have same fields).

if not neccesary, do not join, just link the tables)

regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I know, that is concatenate automated. But when I run Qlik Sense, I want get table with new data. But to get new data I must first in dataload editor press button Load to get new data.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I using autogenerated xml files like new tabs

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

so you can do a loop reading all *.xml files in a folder, then you can create a task with QMC (if you have Qlik Sense Server) and schedule it to run automatically.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI, thank you. I gues that I need this one:

Insert only (no update or delete)

If the data resides in a database other than a simple log file, the append approach will not work. However, the problem can still be solved with a minimum amount of extra work. The following conditions apply:

• The data source can be any database. 
  • Qlik Sense loads records inserted in the database after the last script execution. 
  • A ModificationTime field (or similar) is required for Qlik Sense to recognize which records are new. 

Example:

QV_Table:

SQL SELECT PrimaryKey, X, Y FROM DB_TABLE

WHERE ModificationTime >= #$(LastExecTime)#

AND ModificationTime < #$(BeginningThisExecTime)#;

Concatenate LOAD PrimaryKey, X, Y FROM File.QVD;

STORE QV_Table INTO File.QVD;

The hash signs in the SQL WHERE clause define the beginning and end of a date. Check your database manual for the correct date syntax for your database.

But still Im not sure how write it in  script. My english isnt best for understand wholle text.