Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

alternate states in qlik sense

Hi experts,

Do we have 'alternate states' feature available in qliksense?

If not , is there any other possiblity to acheive the alternate states functionality in qlik sense?

Regards,

Barathiraja

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

No, in this moment are no disposable

I think's are comming but not now

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

No, in this moment are no disposable

I think's are comming but not now

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply Enrique

Not applicable
Author

Hi Barathiraja,

If you still need to use alternate states in Qlik Sense you may find useful the following extensions on Qlik Branch:

Regards,

Svetlin

richbyard
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

The two extensions above do allow you to create alternate states. The limitation is in the list box object that recognises alternate states as it does not behave as the native list box does. However it does provide the capability to create and manage alternate states through the front end of Qlik Sense. The syntax for calculations is identical to QlikView. See attached example.

Syntax:

- For expressions based on the normal selected dateset: sum(Sales)

- For expressions based on the alternate selected dataset: sum({[Alternate State Name]} Sales)

- You can mix these up in a single expression as I have done for the variance chart in the attached example qvf (screenshot below).

Alt States.png !

ersanduran
Contributor III
Contributor III

If you want to use alternate state without extension, please refer to my post here Using Alternate State in QLikSense (without Extensions). I hope it would be useful