Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

calculated measure only shows if source field is present

In Qlik Sense I have a calculated measure defined as [Number of Project - KPI] = [Number of Project]/[Number of projects -  benchmark].

I need to display  [Number of Project - KPI] over time. Unfortunately  [Number of Project - KPI] shows as empty/null unless [Number of projects -  benchmark] is present on the visualization.

NB: if [Number of projects-  benchmark] (and not [Number of projects -  benchmark]) is present then I still get null values.

Any idea why>

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Probably because there are several possible values of [Number of Project] and/or [Number of projects -  benchmark]. If you don't explicitly use an aggregation function like sum or count then Qlik Sense uses the Only function. The Only function can only return a value (hence its name) if there is only one possible value. Try Sum([Number of Project])/Sum([Number of projects - benchmark])

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Probably because there are several possible values of [Number of Project] and/or [Number of projects -  benchmark]. If you don't explicitly use an aggregation function like sum or count then Qlik Sense uses the Only function. The Only function can only return a value (hence its name) if there is only one possible value. Try Sum([Number of Project])/Sum([Number of projects - benchmark])

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand