Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

calendar view

Are there widgets/addons for qlikview that can mimic an actual calendar that I can display data on?  I've seen it done in tableau without an extension, but havent been able to even partiall recreate in qlikview.

What I want to be able to do is display a calendar, and in each day of the week show it as either a heatmap (colored based on stats) or show specific information (i.e. numerator/denominator/%) for like a utilization chart.  When you click on a calendar day I'd like to be able to drop in to an actual table or pivot of the data that created that date as well.

I don't know if at my work we're allowed to deploy any kind of extentsions or such, so something that would work without would be preferable, but at this point, i'll take something I can do locally as well.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong area as well.. by all means please move it.

Thanks for looking!

stan

4 Replies
brian_booden
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Stan,

Probably the nearest available extension for you right now is the d3 day/hour heatmap for Qlik Sense

extension available from Qlik Branch.

I would imagine someone will be working on this soon, and might even be able to adapt the above extension to look at the time dimensions that you are looking for, rather than days and hours.

Regards,

Brian

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Stan - just checking - do you mean Qlik Sense or QlikView? You stated QlikView in your post - the reason I ask - is that there is a calendar object in QlikView:

This video explains a bit more about the setup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScdIQvWzVFs

Let us know how else we can help you.

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thanks both for the replies.  I didn't realise what section i stumbled in to before posting.. sorry if I went in the wrong spot on this.  I was searching in general for calendar type extensions etc and this popped up and I logged in  etc.

This is more qlikview than qlik sense, but that build in calendar stuff doesn't work how I need it.

Thanks

stan

brian_booden
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

stankraj,

If this is for QlikView after all, you could try a new extension that appeared on Qlik Branch over the last few days called Calendar Heatmap QlikView Extension (D3CalendarView)

http://branch.qlik.com/projects/showthread.php?415-Calendar-Heatmap-QlikView-Extension-(D3CalendarVi...

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Brian