Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjtaft2017
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

can I calculate with master measures

I have the following table and I want to calculate the percentage of total cost per kg.  I have 2 master measures that I created and I would want to divide 1 by the other -  I thought the purpose of creating master measures was for them to be reused. How can I do this without having to recreate the measures in a new measure?

I wanted to calc the % by taking Cost per kg/ Total Cost per kg.  

(some of the Weights are missing in data, hence check for length in my measure calc).

The following are my master measures:

Cost per kg = Sum(If(len(trim([Chargeable Weight]))>0,[Total Invoice Amount]/[Chargeable Weight],[Total Invoice Amount]))

Total Cost per kg =   Sum(TOTAL([Total Invoice Amount]/[Chargeable Weight]))

QlikSense_clip.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaMajka1
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

You can use column() function if you want to see the result in the same table as master measuers. In your case it should be column(4)/column(6).

BR,

Maria

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JaMajka1
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

You can use column() function if you want to see the result in the same table as master measuers. In your case it should be column(4)/column(6).

BR,

Maria

mjtaft2017
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Maria - that worked perfectly!  Is there a way to calculate that without having to show the Total Cost per kg measure in the table?  I really don't want to show that field but it appears I cannot reference it if it isnt in the table.

JaMajka1
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Actually I do not know about this possibility .