Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

can i set global colour for the different charts based on the value of the dimension?

How can i set global colour for the different charts based on the value of the dimension?

For example, I have data with the dimension region. The are 4 values in region - North, South, East and West. I want all belonging to the North region to be a colour, all to the South colour to be another colour and so on.

Thank you!

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

One simple way I have found to force the colours to be the same on all of your charts for the same dimension is to tick the Persistent Colors tickbox on the Colours tab but you must do this on all of your chartsPersistent Colours.JPG

Hope this helps you

Helen

Saravanan_Desingh

In the 'Background Color', try the below expression.

Color(FieldIndex('Region',[Region]))

sunny_talwar

Hey Saran -

I have no seen this before. Would you be able to share a sample to show how this works?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Wei Chong Tan! Do as Helen Chapman wrote and it will works.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Wei,

What product are you using, I see the replies here are for QlikView, but you posted in the Qlik Sense forums.

With Qlik Sense, you may be able to this using the color by expression capability. Let me take a look and I will get back to you.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Wei as a Follow-up see attached .qvf if using Qlik Sense.

I created a new field in the load script:

[City] & [Country] as CityCounty,

And then in the color by expression used this as an example:

if(WildMatch(CityCounty,'*United States*','*Germany*','*Brazil*','*United Kingdom*')>0,

PICK(WildMatch(CityCounty,'*United States*','*Germany*','*Brazil*','*United Kingdom*'),blue(),red(),yellow(),green()))

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

thank you all for the reply. I am using qlik sense so most of the solutions here will not work for me. Nonetheless, thank you all so much for sharing! Now I know what to do if I were to use qlik view in the future.

@Michael Tarallo. Thank you! That works! But was just wondering if there is a global settings which I could set it and not have to write the expression for all the charts. Reason being most of my charts are broken down by the categories and I want all their collour to be consistent.

Thank you!

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Wei,

You can make use of a colour expression to achieve this. And to make it more easy to manage the colours being used across multiple dashboards, you can have a colours table in your data model which can be used to easily alter the colours of all the visualizations easily.