Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

can't see a peer's data load editor scripts

Hi there! --  Thanks in advance for your help. we're two Qlik sense developers on our team and we can't figure out how to see each other's data load editor's script. Can you help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Paras,

I forgot to mention you need to edit the content admin role. Or you can create a new one if you like.

QMC--> Security Rules-->Content Admin--> Edit--> Context--> Both in Hub and QMC

That works very well. Tested in the latest version, 2.1.1.

BR

Serhan

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I'm not sure if I got it your question .Do you want to see each other app?

if this is the case, you can go to Documents/Qlik/Sense/Apps then copy the qvf and paste in each other folder.

Best Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Thanks -- to clarify, we want to see the scripts used to load the data in the app. Right now, I can see all the apps but I can't see the data load editor scripts created by the other developer.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Is the script blocked? if so, you can uncheck the lock when you are in script editor.

If this not solve, maybe when you made the copy of the app, it was in 'read only' mode, so, you need to go to the qvf  you copy-> right click -.> properties -> uncheck read only mode

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Paras,

Assuming you are using Qlik Sense Enterprise (Server), you won't be able to see the script unless you "own" the app and it is in your "my work" stream. If you have sufficient rights you can copy your colleagues app such that you have a copy in "my work" or you can take ownership of the app. If you don't have the level of access required to do this you will need to get an administrator to assist.

If you are using Qlik Sense Desktop then Mauri's advice is correct.

For future reference, it helps us to help you if you can tell us exactly what product and version you are using.

Cheers,

Rod

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Also, if you get to be a content admin (option in QMC--> Users--> Add Role), you can start seeing each other's app and script etc. as long as it is published.

BR

Serhan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Serhan! I am going to request access to get added to that role and circle back if it resolves the issue. Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

I received the content admin access but for some reason can't see the data load editor scripts on a published app...is there anything else that I could check? Thanks!

here's our qlik sense version if that helps.

Qlik.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Paras,

The data load editor is not available in published apps, it is a basic security feature. However, now that you have appropriate access (assuming your implementation of the default "content admin" role hasn't been modified and isn't being overridden by another rule) you can take a copy of the app to work with in your "My Work" stream.

Do you have a copy of the app in your "My Work" stream? If not, now that you have appropriate access you should be able to take a copy of the app by right-clicking / long-pressing on it and selecting "duplicate". Alternatively, if you can access the QMC go into the Apps section, locate the app you wish to examine, select it and then use the "more actions" button to duplicate the app.

Hope this helps.

Rod

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Paras,

I forgot to mention you need to edit the content admin role. Or you can create a new one if you like.

QMC--> Security Rules-->Content Admin--> Edit--> Context--> Both in Hub and QMC

That works very well. Tested in the latest version, 2.1.1.

BR

Serhan