Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sera
Contributor III
Contributor III

change settings of multiple objects at once

Hallo everyone, 

i'm currently constructing multiple QlikSense Apps for auto-generating reports via NPrinting. 
Therefor i have to change quite often attributes like "sort order", "number format" and "totals function" (because 'auto' doesn't fit). 

For example right now i have a workingsheet with 8 tables on it, each having about different 10 measures that doesn't display properly in sight of the 3 above mentioned attributes.

Is there a way to save some time doing changes like these for multiple objects or multiple measures/dimensions ? It's a real pain to click through 80 objects to change their number-format, totals function and sort-order - especially when in 90% of all occurances ALL ARE THE SAME 😞

[ To exclude the option of "alternate states" right away: These don't work with NPrinting, so this isn't an option for me ]

Labels (4)
4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I suggest you to make different variable and call then in format area like

SET Format = '#,#0.00';

In the expression in all 80 objects call it out, And change in the variable as per need and It will reflect in all area.

Num(sum(Sales), $(Format))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Sera
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Does someone have another idea, that avoids changing the definition of 80 measures per worksheet? Changing definitions isn't that much of a time-saver, compared to change em 1 by 1 manually by clicking... (although good hint for the future - Thanks @Anil_Babu_Samineni )

In the Script, i have a section saying:
SET ThousandSep='.';
SET DecimalSep=',';
SET MoneyThousandSep='.';
SET MoneyDecimalSep=',';
SET MoneyFormat='#.##0,00 €;-#.##0,00 €';

I don't quite understand, why it isn't auto-formatted properly right away, when i sum order-amount-values later in measures and add them to tables... 

Sera
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Any ideas anymore?

Sera
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Update: 

After some adjustments to the Syntax of Anil_Babu_Samineni's suggestion, it saved me at least some time - so maybe it helps someone:

with setting

SET Format = '''#.##0'' , '','' , ''.'''

and applying

Num(<fieldname>, $(Format))

to all integer-valued fields in the Load-part of the script, changes the definition of all measures using these fields, too. Therefor, the values are showing up properly right away by the auto format. 

pretty nice trick, although not solving the sort- and total function problem, that really seems to be changed 1 by 1 😞