Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aschuchner_chicagoatlantic

charts not loading when printing into PDF

Hello,

I have seen errors happening randomly whereby when I try to download a sheet as PDF some charts don't load. After a few tries many times it ends up loading, but this is an issue when dealing with email subscriptions because I need it to work the first time. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks,

Alan

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Jack_Guo
Support
Support

Hi @aschuchner_chicagoatlantic ,

Is this from the product of Qlik Sense SaaS or Qlik Sense client managed version?

aschuchner_chicagoatlantic
Author

This is Qlik Sense SaaS. More specifically this is for Qlik Sense Business.

Thanks!

Jack_Guo
Support
Support

Hi @aschuchner_chicagoatlantic ,

There are some limitation when downloading app content to pdf in Qlik Sense SaaS.

When downloading as PDF

• Third-party extensions and action buttons are exported as blank images.
  • Filter panes cannot be exported as individual charts. They will be exported if you download the entire sheet.
  • Visualization extensions (custom objects) cannot be downloaded as PDFs. They can be downloaded as images.
  • Dynamic view objects are not supported. They are exported as blank images. However, unlike other unsupported chart types, dynamic charts increase download times. A sheet with many dynamic charts may timeout and fail to download.
  • There is no preview in the Download dialog if the browser does not have a PDF viewer plugin installed.

For more information refer to the below help site.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Download/downloading-vis...

Recommend logging a support case if still doesn't work after checking the limitations.