Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shahfaisalq
Contributor III
Contributor III

combining dimension in filter but not the values of dimensions only the header

Hi,

I need to combine multiple dimensions into one single dimension(Report Type) in the filter pane. and when I select each dimension(eg. Merchant Wise) from the "Report Type" filter pane, it should load the data in the down below table for each dimension that has a link with data. All of the dimensions are coming from the same table(Order Details).

Kindly help with this. 

looking forward.

Thanks

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Nicole-Smith

You'll want to create a drill-down dimension which you can then use in a Filter object:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Dimensions/create-drill...

shahfaisalq
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Nicole Smith,

Thanks for your feedback. I created the drill-down dimension by selecting the 3 dimensions in it.  but that didn't resolve my problem. In the filter pane, it loads data only from the first dimension and not the 3 dimensions headers which I don't need. 

I need to load the dimensions(3) header in the filter pane and when I select one from the three, it loads the data down below in the table that relates to the selected dimensions.

Looking forward.

Thank you!

Nicole-Smith

In the filter pane, you can add the three dimensions separately (instead of the drill-down group) if you want to see all 3 at once.  Qlik automatically applies all filters to all charts, so any selections will automatically filter your table to the selected values.