Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prananellutla
Creator
Creator

compare count of each string value to a measure

Hi 
Is there a way to compare the count of position of 'a' ,'b','c','d',.......'l' o Compare 1 and color code the text?
rangesum(num(count(distinct left('abcdefghijk','1')))) gives me 1
rangesum(num(count(distinct left('abcdefghijk','2')))) gives me 1
i couldnt figure out how to write a comparison stmt.
is this possible?  
 thanks

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're trying to do. Can you explain in more detail?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What ever, You done quiet not correct to me as the syntax itself makes wrong. Because, Not sure - Why RangeSum() needed for you?

Perhaps you can try this?

SubStringCount(FieldName, 'A') as Field_A

SubStringCount(FieldName, 'B') as Field_B

SubStringCount(FieldName, 'C') as Field_C

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
prananellutla
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi I am working on posting sample qvf .

thanks
prananellutla
Creator
Creator
Author

I totally agree i may not not be right with syntax , as i said in my earlier reply iam working on qvf,

let me post it and explain it better , I have been working on actual data, I am just struggling on trimming it down to sample and make it clear and simple as much as possible.

thanks .

prananellutla
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi sorry for the delayed reply. By basic need is to get a 100% stacked chart in a table .I think I solved it finally. There is alot of work around though. 

I have a mix a excel  logics  to get the 100 % stacked bar chart. The reason I wanted to use a Range function is I wanted to take 100 cells as we take in excel and  compare the ranges of my measures with that cell range. But didnt know which one to get it .   I tried to replicate this in Qlik. https://trumpexcel.com/stacked-bar-chart-in-excel/.

I figured I have to use Rangeonly function to get the 100% stacked bar chart.

AS 100 % was too much to show in a column I wanted to reduce the %- so 20% stacked is reduced chart. 

droop quota distributions(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droop_quota)  to reduce it to 20% stacked chart ( as I understand from ruby - How to deal with the sum of rounded percentage not being 100? - Stack Overflow)

How to deal with the sum of rounded percentage not being 100?100% stacked bar chart.png

thanks