I am trying to put two dimensions on the line chart in order to compare daily sales for the chosen years:
1. Date(Date,'MM/DD') - custom dimension
Unfortunately, it creates duplicated dimensions equal to the number of years I have and does not combine it (in my example i have three years horizon and it creates three 01/01 values, 02/01 values and so on)
PS: I am still able to make it when the dimension is "Day of the Year" (see the screenshot below), but is does not work for me - I need to see actual dates (DAY and MONTH) on the X-axis.
can you help me please
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm still struggling with this
I am trying to create custom dimension where, for example, February,23,2011 would show as 02/23
1. I created interim dimension MonthNumber = num(month). It works.
2. Then I am trying to create dimension Month&Date = day([date])&"/"&[monthnumber]
It won't allow this as [monthnumber] is invalid filed name. Why?
it is not working actually
The appearance is correct (MM/DD), but somehow it still stores the YY in the Dimension
That's what I ended up with:
And that's how it looks like:
no, in the end
now it works, thank you
although i can't understand why we need point (2) below:
1. it takes the DATE
2. replaces the original year with the year from the latest available date
3. then it cut's the year off