Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garyk22
Contributor II
Contributor II

comparing month to month and color code based on difference

Hi,

I followed a lot of posts here in order to get the difference between current - previous month for 2021 but I am not able to achieve it as I am not sure what am I missing. I have Mon/Yr column and total sales in a pivot. Here are the following things I have tried to get this:

I created 2 variables current and last month with month(max(TRANSACTION_DATE)) and using -1(minus 1) and summing it but that didn't work

Next from one of the posts I tried to use Sum({$<Month={">=$(=Max(Month)-4)<=$(=Max(Month)-1)"}>} Sales) but this didn't work either.

I wish this could work sum(month(max(TRANSACTION_DATE)) Sales) but this gives me error for nested aggregation otherwise I will be able to use this value with -1 (minus1) would probably give me the result

Not sure how to approach this now. I do have a master calendar but those values are not coming in the right column

Finally I would like to add condition if comparison number is lower then red if sales are higher than previous month's sales then green and if they are the same then yellow

May be I need to start from scratch based on comments here. please help. 

0 Replies