Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gino2780
Creator
Creator

comparison tables (stock/inflow/outflow)

Hello,

on a monthly basis we get data of our stock properties with id and several further information (columns).

I'd like to monitor or rather identify stock and new and/or lost properties (inflow/outflow) for each month in the dataeditor by generating scriptwise a filter variable based on the (property)id, so that i can use that filter to identify stock, inflow and outflow properties on the dahsboards.

In other words, i'd like to ask my data the question:

Which properties in table october (timestamp1) are equal to the table november (timestamp2)?

Which properties in table october (timestamp1) are unequal (inflow/outflow) to table november (timestamp2)?

simplified data structure:

table october

id | name | etc.1 | etc.2 |

1  |

2  |

3  | 

4  |

table november

id | name | etc.1 | etc.2 |

1  |

2  |

3  |

5  |

green = stock

blue   = new property (inflow)

Thanks in advance

gino2780

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

There are two ways to track any new additions, Use the logic the suits you best Attached sample shows both.

For lost properties  reverse the logic or else this would be better done in chart,

let me know if you need help

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ganeshsvm
Creator II
Creator II

Can you post a sample data and elaborate on the required result or Picturize you requirement in an image.

Regards,

GSVM

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

There are two ways to track any new additions, Use the logic the suits you best Attached sample shows both.

For lost properties  reverse the logic or else this would be better done in chart,

let me know if you need help

Vineeth Pujari
gino2780
Creator
Creator
Author

Vineeth, thank you. That looks quite well.

I could reproduce your data and will apply it to my data, which are way more complex.

If i'll have any further questions with my original data, i'll ask here again.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Sure

Vineeth Pujari