Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

confusion on Link table creation

I have 6 tables. All the tables are linked on the database end with one columns or more. Can you please, suggest on how we can join all these 6 tables.

I have to avoid creating synthetic keys as that will not help my model.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.. Thanks

t1 - col1, col2, col3,colr,cole

t2 - col1, colx, coly

t3 - col2, cola, colb

t4 - col3, cold

t5 - col1, col2,colh

t6 - col2,col3,colf

col1,col2,col3 are not distinct in all the tables. They are bound to repeat in all the tables. Following is the model.

Capture.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lgutierrez
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Ask...

You can add a new index colum in each table of  course that you must manage the relation type between they, and in the transformation app you can use a mapping funtion to relation all tables.

ex.

Segmento_Map:

Mapping

LOAD

Segmento,

Id_Segmento             (new column)

Resident Segmento;

Ventas_Comercial:

Load

ApplyMap('Segmento_Map', [0DIVISION]) as Id_Segmento,

Resident Comercial_Ventas_Tmp;

etc...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
lgutierrez
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Ask...

You can add a new index colum in each table of  course that you must manage the relation type between they, and in the transformation app you can use a mapping funtion to relation all tables.

ex.

Segmento_Map:

Mapping

LOAD

Segmento,

Id_Segmento             (new column)

Resident Segmento;

Ventas_Comercial:

Load

ApplyMap('Segmento_Map', [0DIVISION]) as Id_Segmento,

Resident Comercial_Ventas_Tmp;

etc...

Not applicable
Author

I don't know what you said when you mention transformation app. I am using qlik sense. Please try to help

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

You can create Composite Key of these columns and then add those fields in Link Table

lgutierrez
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ask,

In Qlik you can manage the ETL proccess with an app for each part of the proccess... this way to work help you to have control over the total proccess, is just a way to work. the idea is the next:

1- Exraction app.- Extract the data from the source database and store the result in an qvd file.

2- Trasformation appa - Make all the trasformation over the data to make business sense information, and also store de results in a qvd.

3- And finaly you have all the neccesary to make your dashboard.

As i told you, you can do all these in a sigle app, but you get more control if do in this way.

I hope this help you

regards.