Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksk278074
Contributor III
Contributor III

connector issue

HI all,

I am trying to load the data using SAP bex connector, but which is not possible because using bex's connector we can able to fetch  5lacks records in single load.

So in this case how to load the data from DB to qliksence using the bex connector?

is it possible to fetch the montly data by using filer condtion like where month = 'jan'., if yes , where to writhe the filer connection in qliksense

Please suggest me on the same .

thanking you in advance

19 Replies
mats_olin
Employee
Employee

Hi, I'm not sure what 'we can able to fetch  5lacks records in single load' means. Could you explain what problem you encounter? If it is that you run out of memory on the SAP BW server because you are extracting to much data in the BEx query you need to use or add a variable in the BEx query that limits the amount of data you are extracting. If you have no experience in SAP BW you will not be able to add a variable or modify the BEx query. You could also extract data directly from the InfoProvider by using the Qlik SAP InfoProvider connector that is built differently and does not consume that much memory on the BW server.

You are not able do modify any MDX manually (and the BEx connector is not using the MDX interface, that is the OLAP connector).

/ Mats Olin

ksk278074
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

OK thanks for the response.

Then How to load the huge data From SAP BW to qliksense using BEx connector.

PunamWagh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi ,

If u have Month year variable in Bex query then u can use following

let vDate = Date(addmonths(Today(),-12),'YYYYMM'); //for fetching last 12 months of data.. change date format as per                                                                                         //yours

for i=0 to 12

DATA:

Load *

from SAP 

where Varible = '$(vDate )';

let vDate  = Date(addmonths('$(vDate) ',1),'''YYYYMM);

next i;

mats_olin
Employee
Employee

If you want to limit the data you extract with a BEx query the BEx query needs to have 'Query Variables' (defined in SAP BEx Query Designer or HANA Studio if BW Query). In my example you can filter on a date range so set the date range so in that case you need to set the date range so that the result set is small enough for your BW Application server to handle. If you don't have 'Query Variables' in your select dialog in Sense you need to talk to someone who can add a variable to the BEx query:

BExVar.jpeg

mats_olin
Employee
Employee

This is not limiting the amount of data extracted by the QlikSAP BEx connector.

ksk278074
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the valuable information ....

So in this case every time we need to load the data using filters like jan,feb....

In feature if new data will come how we will update  new data to the applications?

Thanks in advance

mats_olin
Employee
Employee

You can have a Qlik variable in the script where the BEx Query variable value is entered (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/work-with...‌)

If you have historical data that does not change you can store that away in a qvd that you load from when reloading the app to limit the reload time.  And then combine that historical data with more recent SAP BEx extractions.

/ Mats

ksk278074
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I did not understand clearly..

Can you please explain bit clearly with sample script?

and

I have month field in my script if we reload the application how query variable will get the input  to fetch the new data?

Thanks in advance...

ksk278074
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have tried it working fine.

But again my question is some months having more than 500000 records . i.e limitation of data load for BEX's connector, in this case how to load the data from DB?

Thanks in advance.

ksk278074
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Olin,

After doing the  filters on query variable then for each month having the 2500000 records ..

So in this case how to load the data from DB to qliksense using bex ?