cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianDH
Creator II
Creator II

count of percentage

Team in Qlik Sense.  How can I get the count() of records where the percentage of budget is over 75%.

count(num(TRIM(sum(BH_AMOUNT_ACT + BH_AMOUNT_GLA + BH_AMOUNT_GLL + BH_AMOUNT_GLQ + )) / sum(BH_AMOUNT_BUD) *100) > 75)

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tm_burgers
Creator III
Creator III

Do you have access to Load script? 

Are all the BH_* fields in the same table?

I would flag the Projects/Records that are under/over budget in the load script, and then you can use set analysis to do the visualization?

Or attach the % in the load script and then you can use set analysis to count > 0.75

If you are looking to use in a KPI, does :

If ( (sum(BH_AMOUNT_ACT + BH_AMOUNT_GLA + BH_AMOUNT_GLL + BH_AMOUNT_GLQ + BH_AMOUNT_GLR + BH_AMOUNT_GLE + BH_AMOUNT_PAY + BH_AMOUNT_OTHER) * 100 / sum(BH_AMOUNT_BUD)) => 75, count(record_id) )

work? 

You could also flag each entry in the table with the same formula and then the table total would be the Count. 

Eg.

If ( (sum(BH_AMOUNT_ACT + BH_AMOUNT_GLA + BH_AMOUNT_GLL + BH_AMOUNT_GLQ + BH_AMOUNT_GLR + BH_AMOUNT_GLE + BH_AMOUNT_PAY + BH_AMOUNT_OTHER) * 100 / sum(BH_AMOUNT_BUD)) => 75, 1, 0 )

View solution in original post

5 Replies
tm_burgers
Creator III
Creator III

I see some syntax errors with your formula. 

Why is there a trailing + in the sum? and why TRIM? Why num?

You ask for a count but you don't have a field specified to count from... 

Are those fields not loaded as numbers? 

I would try

If(

((BH_AMOUNT_ACT + BH_AMOUNT_GLA + BH_AMOUNT_GLL + BH_AMOUNT_GLQ)  / (BH_AMOUNT_BUD)) > 0.75,

Count(records_unique_field)

)

The better way would be to use the data script and load the % of budget as a field. 

BrianDH
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sorry i am new at this.

if(sum(BH_AMOUNT_ACT + BH_AMOUNT_GLA + BH_AMOUNT_GLL + BH_AMOUNT_GLQ + BH_AMOUNT_GLR + BH_AMOUNT_GLE + BH_AMOUNT_PAY + BH_AMOUNT_OTHER) > 0
,if(sum(BH_AMOUNT_BUD) > 0, sum(BH_AMOUNT_ACT + BH_AMOUNT_GLA + BH_AMOUNT_GLL + BH_AMOUNT_GLQ + BH_AMOUNT_GLR + BH_AMOUNT_GLE + BH_AMOUNT_PAY + BH_AMOUNT_OTHER)
/ sum(BH_AMOUNT_BUD)*100
))

The above I am using in the row column of my grid. I'm not happy with the format (number, format '0.00%') BUT, the bigger issue is they want a total of how many records are over 75% of the budget or more.

count(distinct PROJECT_ID)

2 questions:  Best way to format/show percentage.  & How to get percentage of records that are >=75% 

BrianDH
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Much closer:

sum(BH_AMOUNT_ACT + BH_AMOUNT_GLA + BH_AMOUNT_GLL + BH_AMOUNT_GLQ + BH_AMOUNT_GLR + BH_AMOUNT_GLE + BH_AMOUNT_PAY + BH_AMOUNT_OTHER) * 100 / sum(BH_AMOUNT_BUD)

tm_burgers
Creator III
Creator III

Do you have access to Load script? 

Are all the BH_* fields in the same table?

I would flag the Projects/Records that are under/over budget in the load script, and then you can use set analysis to do the visualization?

Or attach the % in the load script and then you can use set analysis to count > 0.75

If you are looking to use in a KPI, does :

If ( (sum(BH_AMOUNT_ACT + BH_AMOUNT_GLA + BH_AMOUNT_GLL + BH_AMOUNT_GLQ + BH_AMOUNT_GLR + BH_AMOUNT_GLE + BH_AMOUNT_PAY + BH_AMOUNT_OTHER) * 100 / sum(BH_AMOUNT_BUD)) => 75, count(record_id) )

work? 

You could also flag each entry in the table with the same formula and then the table total would be the Count. 

Eg.

If ( (sum(BH_AMOUNT_ACT + BH_AMOUNT_GLA + BH_AMOUNT_GLL + BH_AMOUNT_GLQ + BH_AMOUNT_GLR + BH_AMOUNT_GLE + BH_AMOUNT_PAY + BH_AMOUNT_OTHER) * 100 / sum(BH_AMOUNT_BUD)) => 75, 1, 0 )

BrianDH
Creator II
Creator II
Author

If((sum(BH_AMOUNT_ACT + BH_AMOUNT_GLA + BH_AMOUNT_GLL + BH_AMOUNT_GLQ + BH_AMOUNT_GLR + BH_AMOUNT_GLE + BH_AMOUNT_PAY + BH_AMOUNT_OTHER) * 100 / sum(BH_AMOUNT_BUD)) > 0.75,
Count(distinct PROJECT_ID))