Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

create map

Hi to all

I want to have map in my app that show different color for each region  like demo exist in this demo

http://eu-a.demo.qlik.com/QvAJAXZfc/AccessPoint.aspx?open=&id=demo11%7Cqvdocs/Pro%20Golf.qvw&client=...

how could use map?any extension is needed?

tanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Hossein,

Weird, I responded to you early this morning EST around 6AM or so. I believe that the discussion was branched over to a new forum in the QlikView area so we could request a copy of a new Iran map to see if others could help us. The thread is over here with my response to you:

You should have gotten an email notification with my message to you.

Sorry for the confusion.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

This is an Demo App for QlikView Application, if you like this in QlikSense, have a look at this video Video Link : 2031

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Hossein,

Currently the Beta Map object, supports points and polygons. With polygons, each state by default, can be colored - if used as the area layer and color by dimension is selected. Let me see if I can create a quick example that would work for regional areas, I have an idea and will see if I can get a sample working for you.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Hossein,

This Map object is in Beta and will improve over future releases.

See the video Daniel posted to learn more about this object:

See attached sample in this post.

Copy to C:\Users\<user profile id>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps

Open MapRegionsTest

If your "REGIONAL" data is associated with your "STATE" data - you would use the "REGIONAL" dimension as your area layer - the corresponding "STATE" data will then color code appropriately for that region.

8-11-2014 8-11-18 AM.jpg

I have a field Region with values (East, North, South, West) and a field State (NY,CA, etc) - states are related to Regions via a common key in my data set. I used Region as the area layer.

8-11-2014 8-11-51 AM.jpg

8-11-2014 8-11-31 AM.jpg

Hope this helps

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Attached is a world regional example using CountryISOCode as the area layer - colored by dimension.

8-11-2014 8-50-44 AM.jpg

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Hossein,

Weird, I responded to you early this morning EST around 6AM or so. I believe that the discussion was branched over to a new forum in the QlikView area so we could request a copy of a new Iran map to see if others could help us. The thread is over here with my response to you:

You should have gotten an email notification with my message to you.

Sorry for the confusion.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael

you right I found it branched so deleted my previous reply

you dont know how much you help me with sending svg of IRAN and sample of svgreader extension.

sorry about bad english because english is not my mother tongue.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Hossein,

Happy to have helped

BTW - your English is better than any other second language that I can speak,  so bravo and very impressive. We were able to communicate together and get what you needed.

Regards and Stay well.

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

You responses were so impressive and helpful

thank you.

I sent you friends request I will be grateful if you accept

Best Regards