Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

data match/mismatch comparison from 2 different tables

I have a requirement where I need to build a solution of data comparison from 2 different systems. Its basically a data migration from 2 systems. The data from system A getting updated in System B. The extract from System A extract will be delta on daily basis and need to be compared with System B data which need to be in Sync. There are chances that multiple fields may have wrongly updated or missed during the course of migration to system B. I need to develop an app which compare the data mismatch from Stem B wrt to system A. There may be chances that 100 records sent from Sys A and only 70 records getting updated. And next day after the data fix, there may 2nd day data plus the fixed data gets updated in System B.

Can you please suggest the best approach which can help me getting this developed in QlikSense. I believe, if its the same number of records and same records gets into both system with unique transaction id, we can compare one to one in same row. But id there is missing records or more records, I doubt over the solution.

Please help.

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks. I have seen few posts in Qlik community and one from @johnw.

My requirement is bit different as two different will have updates daily. System A is more of a master table. Whatever updates happening in Table A is needed to be replicated in Table B as part of migration. There may be points of failure which results in incorrect data updates or missing data on daily basis. These mismatches need to be reported as match/Mismatch in a seperate colum or in state table against master data.

it looks straight forward if two table has same number of records getting updated on daily basis in which we can map with record id or some inique transaction id. Since, there may be missing data or new updates in system B, it gets bit tricky. Its more of a lookup function used in excel where based on given date, I need to get match- non match of the ids.