Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

dates as strings a GetFieldSelections() issue

Hi all,

In my data model there's a date' field configured as a string, InventoryReelsInventoryDate. In a filter pane, I'm using this expression date(InventoryReelsInventoryDate) in order to see the data properly and be able to know what date i'm choosing.

However, I would also like to add a text box that would show the date(InventoryReelsInventoryDate)currently selected.

Using GetFieldSelections(InventoryReelsInventoryDate) works fine if I'm not using date() function on the filter pane… but I would like to still be able to display InventoryReelsInventoryDate as a date on the filter pane and on the text box.

Do you know how can I do this?

3 Replies
brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi

may be this in your text box

date(GetFieldSelections(InventoryReelsInventoryDate),'DD/MM/YYYY')

DavidŠtorek
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Sofia,

why not to try convert your date field better in load script than in app frontend. Just use Date(InventoryReelsInventoryDate) / or better Date# as InventoryReelsInventoryDate in load script. Unles there is some reason to have it formated as text.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you David,

at the moment, I'm no able to edit the script, but I think that's the only way to achieve what I need... Thanks!