cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

default filter pane selection

CurrentView.pngDesiredView.png

greetings..  there are two snapshots above.  the first is the view when the app is opened.  the second is what I'd like the view to be when the app is opened.  I want the max date within the filter pane to be selected by default.  how can I make this happen?  are there properties within the filter pane or the dimension that would allow me to select the max date??????  it's not a complex problem, but there doesn't seem to be an mechanism within the filter pane properties to pre-select.  and truthfully, I'd rather it be a radio selection, because only one as of date should be selected at a time..

12 Replies
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Maria,

for this case you need an extension:

look at this link: Qlik Branch

the extension is called: SheetEvents: if you downloaded make the following necessary steps:

in Tab Action (within Extension): Select Action: Select Value in Field and tip your data. / Alternative: you can use the Action: Apply Bookmark (here you should create a bookmark)

if you have any question let me know and we find the solution

p.s: in attached file you see what i mean and see tab: nummer 3. this extension does work great on Qlik Sense Server as well

i hope that helps

Beck

OmarBenSalem

Excellent ! Thanks Beck

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

You are welcome, we are team, and one hand washes the other or one good turn deserves another

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm sorry.  due to the security of our server, I can't look at the file.  can you do a screen shot?  we have a qlik branch extension called Sheet Navigation and Actions.  it's a button that has "Actions Before Navigating".  I tried to put in for the field [As of Date] and for the value I put in max([As of Date]), but that did nothing..

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Maria,

what do you mean, you can't look the file?

as alternative: atcivate this link the above link.

let me know if you have any problems

Beck

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

like a filter.PNG

OmarBenSalem

Maria,

for the field, try put it btween quotes:

instead of [As of Date] , try '[As of Date]'

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

buttonactions.pngattached is a screenshot of the button properties and fields.  ugh!

OmarBenSalem

It works for me :

Capture.PNG