Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woshua5550
Creator III
Creator III

deploy QS and Nprinting on different server

Hello everyone

I have two servers, one for Qlik Sense server and another one for Nprinting server.

I confuse that

1.does domain controller needed ? (I learnt from a guide that Nprinting service account needs to be a domain user)

2.if yes for question 1 ,which server can be a DC ? (it seems that QS server can not install on DC , how about Nprinting?)

3.if one server is both DC and Nprinting server, another server is QS server , does it work ?

4.what is the best practice for my situation ?

thank you all ,this is really urgent

BRs

-Dave

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Dave,

It is true that QS and nPrinting should be on different server for better performance.

Also to run QS and nPrinting properly it is recommended that you use Domain Admin to install the QS and nPrinting.

As far as DC is concern it should be different from production machine, so it should be a different server.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Dave,

It is true that QS and nPrinting should be on different server for better performance.

Also to run QS and nPrinting properly it is recommended that you use Domain Admin to install the QS and nPrinting.

As far as DC is concern it should be different from production machine, so it should be a different server.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
woshua5550
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Kaushik !

I totally agree with you, I think this may be the best way indeed