Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

display values if I mouse over on chart

Hi,

I would like to see the measure values if I mouse over the chart ? is that possible in QS

Example: In the below map chart, I selected Michigan state, would't it be nice if sales value will appear if I mouse over on that state.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Guruprem,

Are you using a device that accepts touch and mouse inputs such as the Microsoft Surface?  Hardware is the only thing I can this of that would cause us to get different results.

-Josh

Qlik

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Guruprem,

I am using version 1.0.2 of Qlik Sense and I am seeing the sales in a pop up.  I'v included a screen shot below of a map, it also works in other charts.  Note, in the maps object there is currently a limitation on giving the expression a label (but that should be improved soon).

-Josh

Qlik

Not applicable
Author

Do I need to change to any options? By defaults mouse hover values are not appearing. If you take look at  the example of sales discovery.qvf -> Total Sales vs Gross Profit Margin% scatter plot , this chart is also not displaying mouse hover values.  

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

HI Guruprem,

No there isn't anything special you need to do.  I am running 1.0.2, you can check what version you are running by checking the about section.

-Josh

Qlik

Not applicable
Author

Josh, I am also using same version.

I am viewing default sales discovery.qvf shared by Qlik. I am happy that you confirmed me this feature exists in QS.

Hopefully if I can spend more time with QS, then I may post what is stopping me to see values.

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Guruprem,

Are you using a device that accepts touch and mouse inputs such as the Microsoft Surface?  Hardware is the only thing I can this of that would cause us to get different results.

-Josh

Qlik

Not applicable
Author

Yes, you hit the bull's eye, Once I disable the touch screen on my laptop immediately it started working.