Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

drill down

I have created the barchart and drill down for that, in first level its giving the values sum for each value in x-axis. but not providing the same sum for next level. why this may I know?

If any body faced this problem earlier please let me know or if you aware about this please let me know.

14 Replies
dan_sullivan
Creator II
Creator II

can you provide more details?  screenshots or the qvf?  by nature of the drill down you should get different results.  you will be getting the subset of the item you have drilled upon.

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

For drill down are you using hierarchy? then you are selecting drill down from from Fliter pane or the bar itself?

Can you give some clarification, so that i can give more insights?

Regards,

Sadasiva

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am taking two columns into Drill Down from fact table. and expression column from fact table only.

Drill down columns:

1. Column1

2. Column2

and expression if year is greater than zero and noof failures =0

if(

GetSelectedCount(Year)>0,

(if(NumOfFailures=0,

(Sum({<Year={'$(vPrevYr)'},EquipmentCategory ={'LOCOMOTIVE'}>}AssetMiles)

/

Sum({<Year={'$(vPrevYr)'},EquipmentCategory ={'LOCOMOTIVE'}>}NumOfFailures)),

(Sum({<Year={'$(vMaxYr)'},EquipmentCategory ={'LOCOMOTIVE'}>}AssetMiles)

/

Sum({<Year={'$(vMaxYr)'},EquipmentCategory ={'LOCOMOTIVE'}>}NumOfFailures)))

)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you confirm what happens when you select an option from column 1? Does the chart then change to show Column 2?

Not applicable
Author

yes, It is showing column 2. But the problem is the total of result  is different for second level.

example: In first level column1 value A in x- axis total of A is 500. when I am selecting A in first level it will go to second level, the values of A-axis is 1,2,3,4 total of these value is not equal to 500.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This maybe because you are having null values in the Columns. Try to uncheck Show null values in the dimension properties.

Regards,

Sadasiva

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sada,

I have unchecked the null values, even though I am getting that issue.

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Try to make a pivot chart with the same and cross check the numbers with source. this may helps.

Regards,

Sadasiva