Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srini
Creator
Creator

excel Sheet or tab name in load script!

Hi Friends,

Very good Day!

I am facing some issues with load editor during reload of weekly data from excel file. I have a excel file which contains the week start date as tab name... and every week I need to load the data from new excel to create the weekly updates in qlik sense. When I replace the file in the folder and tried to refresh the qliksense it throws error stating that field name is not available because of change in sheet or tab name in the excel. Is there any way we can over come this issue?

Thanks!

6 Replies
rachel_delany
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Srini,

You could try using a for loop to loop through all the tabs in the workbook.

See this link for details on how to implement this.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If the data is always on the first sheet in the Excel file, then you can remove the "table is " clause from the qualifier (the bit after the file name that starts with (ooxml... or (biff... for XLSX or XLS files resectively). The load script should then look in the first tab.

The alternative to connect to the Excel file using ODBC and using the SqlTables keyword to get the sheet  names:
SQLTables

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
srini
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Rachel, 

There is no link added in the comment.

srini
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Jonty,

Unfortunately I can't use the SQL solution which you have mentioned in the reply. My source sheet always comes in the 3rd position. and it starts with "Raw Data. (Time of the extract). 

srini
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Rachel, Can you please provide the link which is missing in your post. Thanks!