Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harish_Qlik_user
Contributor II
Contributor II

expression shows invalid Dimension

Hi,

I'm trying to  show the dates from a column which are between the max and min of other column and when I use below expression it shows invalid dimension. can any one help me resolve the error.

=if(CalendarDate<=max([RDueDate ]) and CalendarDate>=min({<Timestamp=,Timestamp={"$(V_MaxlastMonth)"}>}[RDueDate ]) ,CalendarDate)

Regards,

Harish

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Are you using this as a dimension or measure? If this is a dimension, then try this

=If(CalendarDate <= Max(TOTAL [RDueDate ]) and CalendarDate >= Min(TOTAL {<Timestamp = {"$(V_MaxlastMonth)"}>} [RDueDate ]), CalendarDate)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Are you using this as a dimension or measure? If this is a dimension, then try this

=If(CalendarDate <= Max(TOTAL [RDueDate ]) and CalendarDate >= Min(TOTAL {<Timestamp = {"$(V_MaxlastMonth)"}>} [RDueDate ]), CalendarDate)
Harish_Qlik_user
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks, it is working. can you say why the below expression is showing invalid? can you please help me fix this.

=date(MonthStart(only( {<Timestamp=,Timestamp = {"$(V_MaxlastMonth)"}[RdueDate]),'MMM-YYYY')

I want to exclude the filter for the Timestamp field.

Also, can you say why below expression is returning blank

Min( {1<Timestamp=,Timestamp = {"$(V_MaxlastMonth)"}>} [RdueDate] )

Thanks in advance.

sunny_talwar

I think the expression is not correct syntax wise... try this

=Date(MonthStart(Only({<Timestamp=, Timestamp = {"$(V_MaxlastMonth)"}>} [RdueDate])), 'MMM-YYYY')

Also, why are you using Timestamp twice in your expression? Only the second one will actually work... so, may be just use this

=Date(MonthStart(Only({<Timestamp = {"$(V_MaxlastMonth)"}>} [RdueDate])), 'MMM-YYYY')

Not really sure about this one

Min({1<Timestamp=, Timestamp = {"$(V_MaxlastMonth)"}>} [RdueDate])

May be this

Min({1<Timestamp = {"$(V_MaxlastMonth)"}>} [RdueDate])