Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oz_moyal
Creator
Creator

extension in mashup permission/authentication issue

Hi all,

In my code i get qlikticket string, then load an image from the qlik server with the qlikticket in querystring, it loads

then i load all the js/css files from qlik server and they load fine, so it seem the authentication works

I am also able to display a chart in the mashup

the issue is with extension (actully a widget, but i think it loads the same), it seem that when the browser try to load it, it get 302 redirection to the login page, which returns "401 unauthorized"

Can u suggest what shall i check to make sure the extension can be read by the user ?

in the qmc, the extension has read permission for all users.

6 Replies
oz_moyal
Creator
Creator
Author

To add more info

when i load the extension in single configuration (iframe) it loads fine

but not when i load it as object in mashup..

ErikWetterberg

Hi,

Open the browser console and look for errors. What URL:s are referenced? Do you use a virtual proxy and if so is the proxy missing from some calls? Does this happen for all widgets or just some/one??

Hope this is some help

Erik Wetterberg

oz_moyal
Creator
Creator
Author

HI Erik!
Thanks for your comments.
yes, I use virtual proxy - called vpx

when the widget is called (called widget-examples):

https://***myhost**/vpx/extensions/widget-examples/5d725b77-f0d7-5f8b-51fc-3c91c2dcf331.json?1521327...

(by the way i see in log two calls like this

So it used the virtual proxy in the call

but this call returns 302 redirect to
https://***myhost***:4244/windows_authentication/?targetId=124f1c2f-91ed-44ce-a98e-b0bb534bd79b

Any help appreciated...  getting desperate here

adding two screenshots, one of the log , and one of how the widget is rendered, it says something about "invalid css" but i'm not sure it is actual error due to the 302 and 401 and also becuase the widget shows correctly on iframe or in dev-hub (single configuration)

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

ErikWetterberg

Hi,

Seems like there is a problem with loading json files. These are widget-specific, there are no json files in extensions (well you could add one yourself, but I don't think it's common). Not sure why you would need them in a mashup though, they are mostly for the property panel. How do you load them? app.getObject() ??

You should probably report this to support and se if they have a solution for you.

Erik Wetterberg

fabdulazeez
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi

Did you find a solution for this?

bmd
Employee
Employee

For those who run into this post searching for an answer. I see similar issues with extensions when working on mashups hosted off of the Qlik servers.

More often than not this is an issue with importing using `json!` or `text!` into your widget or extension. There are steps Require will try to go through to import the files that can have issues when requesting resources from off server. To remedy the issue I usually move the JSON object or text into a JS file and wrap with a define.

```

define({
    items: [],
    obj: {},
    value: ''
});

```

or

```

define(function () { return "<< some html or css here >>"; })

```

After the files are adapted you no longer need the `json!` or `text!` prefixes.