Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wlpike
Contributor III
Contributor III

find last selected value

Hi everybody,

i need to know, how i can find out the last selected value regardless if its selected in a  filter or chart.

using GetCurrentSelections() i get all selections and whats make it worse its not in the order of selection...

the background for my question is to define coloring of all charts in the same way, depending on the last selected value.

thank you

br

chris

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could use: getfieldselections(field) or concat(distinct field, ',')

- Marcus

wlpike
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

when i try getfieldselected(field) i get only one selection, that could be.

But i need all possiblities that can be selected, but the last one activated.

using concat i exactly one predefined dimension, but there are more options in the whole dashboard.

do you know what i mean?

br

christoph

marcus_sommer

No it's not clear. I think you need to provide a few more details how many fields and/or fieldvalues from the current or any previous selsections should be evaluated (and also why it's needed to color anything).

- Marcus

wlpike
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

there are at least three different fields that need to be evaluated.

its:

Category

Product

sales channel

All three of them are displayed in a drill-down pie chart and another drill-down bar chart.

all of them should have the same color, which is defined in an expression.

the expression coloring works, but when i select another category, the coloring is taken over for all  sales channels.

What i would need is a value-color option in the drill-down settings, but that does not work and what i have read in the community is that its not possible... ?

marcus_sommer

I don't work with Sense and have therefore no experience how to apply an advanced coloring in an object but maybe you could adapt the main-logic behind this old View approach: Colors-in-charts.

- Marcus

sugathirajkumar
Creator
Creator

Can you able to share your qvf ?