Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naor_ISR
Contributor II
Contributor II

framework cognos to qlik

Hi,

is there any way to connect to cognos frame work or to use it as a date source to qlik?

thanks,

Naor

5 Replies
OmarBenSalem

Maybe I'm wrong but as I searched for this in google, I see that everyone had the same response which is : No.

Maybe @Michael_Tarallo could help

Naor_ISR
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi , thank you for your fast reply.

i read about  Theia™- Harmonize your BI Experience 

what do you know about it?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No there isn't. A Cognos Framework is not much more than a (very comprehensive) description of the underlying data sources. It's pretty much all metadata, not the data itself. If you run a cognos report it the cognos engine reads the framework to translate the report query specifications into sql queries that are send to the underlying database(s) to retrieve the data for the report.

Qlik Sense can't use that framework metadata layer. It needs to connect to the database itself to get the data.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Naor_ISR
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Ok , but if i have a model with all the connections between tables - why i cannot use it as a data source?

i read that there are few tools which enable this option - using frame work as data source

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Because a cognos framework is not a data source in the way you mean it. It does not contain data. It only contains metadata. And Qlik Sense was not designed to read that metadata and interpret it like Cognos does.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand