Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how do i draw a graph with numbers up one side a titles along the other

Hi, this is so obvious that I'm sure its answered hundreds of times elsewhere, so apologies, but i can't find them.

I'm trying to create my first graph, and i have data that's a bunch of columns of figures with titles on each row. 

So i want a bar graph with numbers up the y axis and titles on the x.  I can put in my columns of data as 'dimensions' and now i want to add the column of titles so they can appear along the bottom.  if i try to do this as a 'measure', it offers me 'sum or totals' etc. as options, and if i dont add a value as measure, it wont draw the graph.

the tutorials don't seem to be drawing such a simple graph, but they all appear in the examples, so it must be possible.  how do i do it?

thanks.

2 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

To have a chart you have to have at least 1 measure and 1 Dimension. 

If you use the defaults then you have to choose Sum, Count, etc. for the measure.  But if you click on the fx then you can build your own measure. 

I would need to see an example of your data and what you want to maybe offer a specific answer for you.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark, thanks for this:

I want to graph the following data,  After that i want to set up each bar so that when you click on it other graphs in the same dashboard change, but at this stage I'm just trying to get a simple graph to appear.

Title

SubsTot

SubsNew

AAA

BBB

CCC

DDD

EEE

so, to end up with something like this: