Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how do i draw a graph with numbers up one side a titles along the other

Hi, this is so obvious that I'm sure its answered hundreds of times elsewhere, so apologies, but i can't find them.

I'm trying to create my first graph, and i have data that's a bunch of columns of figures with titles on each row. 

So i want a bar graph with numbers up the y axis and titles on the x.  I can put in my columns of data as 'dimensions' and now i want to add the column of titles so they can appear along the bottom.  if i try to do this as a 'measure', it offers me 'sum or totals' etc. as options, and if i dont add a value as measure, it wont draw the graph.

the tutorials don't seem to be drawing such a simple graph, but they all appear in the examples, so it must be possible.  how do i do it?

thanks.

2 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

To have a chart you have to have at least 1 measure and 1 Dimension. 

If you use the defaults then you have to choose Sum, Count, etc. for the measure.  But if you click on the fx then you can build your own measure. 

I would need to see an example of your data and what you want to maybe offer a specific answer for you.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark, thanks for this:

I want to graph the following data,  After that i want to set up each bar so that when you click on it other graphs in the same dashboard change, but at this stage I'm just trying to get a simple graph to appear.

Title

SubsTot

SubsNew

AAA

BBB

CCC

DDD

EEE

so, to end up with something like this: