Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to define the location information in drill-down map

Hi there, I would like to ask how we can define the location information in drill-down map in qlik sense?  I uploaded two files, one is like a shape file. there are geo information and ID. The other are ID and name. I linked these two with ID. when i am creating the drill-down dimension, which field i should use? I tried with the name but it looks like it didn't show the correct location information on the map. So how can i make it? If i use the geo field in the shape file, then it will display the location name...Also i uploaded the output layer. but on the map, it said it only shows a limited of data sets. anyone knows why??

Thanks so much!

14 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

would you be able to attach your geographic files here to make some test ?

otherwise you're using which shapefile ? from where did you get it ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks. Here are the files. Basically, i want to create a two-dimension layer: country- local authority. Each layer contains two file: geo info file and name file.

THanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi yousself,

I want to create a two-dimension layer: country - local authority. each layer has two file: geo info file and name file.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi youssef, i just added in the reply. Thanks!

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

take a look at the files, make some test and get back to you

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

one last thing,

for the country layer, you attached the same file two times,

did the country layer informations (geographic, id, names etc) come in one file ?

and what is the delimiter here ? how do you split the informations to create your fields ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry!

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

is this what you're expecting to get with your files ? (not sure it looks good)

Blue; Country kml

Yellow: Local authority districts

country&district.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi youssef, thanks for your work.

However, i think this is not the map i want. you can find the actual location information in kml, area column. if you plot the single map you will find the correct map. But when i was creating the drill-down map, i am not sure how to define the location info. Did you define the location as area, in kml? The id or name in csv will not help