Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to define the location information in drill-down map

Hi there, I would like to ask how we can define the location information in drill-down map in qlik sense?  I uploaded two files, one is like a shape file. there are geo information and ID. The other are ID and name. I linked these two with ID. when i am creating the drill-down dimension, which field i should use? I tried with the name but it looks like it didn't show the correct location information on the map. So how can i make it? If i use the geo field in the shape file, then it will display the location name...Also i uploaded the output layer. but on the map, it said it only shows a limited of data sets. anyone knows why??

Thanks so much!

14 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

do you mean this ?

country&district.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes! this is the correct map. I want to make a drill-down map from country to local authority. I am not sure how to create the drill-down dimension since if i just use the name, it will give me the correct location. Do you know how to do it?

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

to do this you need a joining key between Country table and Authority district table.. how do you want to join these tables ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi youssef, i figured it out. Yeah i added the joining key to match these two and i also changed the location info. Now my last question is that is it possible to change the title name of each layer?

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

DATA => Dimension => Label, on the map properties..

the layer concept is new so maybe you mean something else