Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to get highest and lowest 2 percent of the data from some data list

how to get highest and lowest 2 percent of the data from some data list?

12 Replies
sunny_talwar

Amit -

Do you have a sample you can share?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can look into the Fractile() function to find the 2% and 98% percentile:

=Fractile( Data , 0.02)

=Fractile( Data , 0.98)

Then maybe use this as threshold in a list box?

=Aggr(If( Data <= Fractile(TOTAL Data , 0.02),Data), Data)

=Aggr(If( Data >= Fractile(TOTAL Data , 0.98),Data), Data)

Not applicable
Author

I am new user for QlikSense Cloud and I am trying to plot a scatter plot between space occupied vs Revenue generated for a store considering only 2% of data with high space occupying & lowest revenue generating products. SO can you guide me that where we need to write fractile function in QlikSense Cloud.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Well, as Sunny already said, it's much easier to help with a basic understanding of your setting (data model and data values,  charts with dimension and expression used so far etc).

So if possible, upload a small sample QVF,please.

Not applicable
Author

Well I have attached an excel file . So now I want scatter plot for only top 2 percent of "highest space occupying & lowest revenue" points & identify those customer.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

A customer may not have the same time highest space occupying and lowest revenue.

What should be the logic here?

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Not applicable
Author

Hey the thread shows only to get either top or bottom data corresponding one property like sales but in my case I want to set two property i.e. 2 percent  max area occupied & min revenue directed data.

Not applicable
Author

I want intersection of the two i.e. if u refer the attachment then I am looking for co-ordinate A data.