Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to group multiple fields into one dimension?

Hi there.

I would like to ask that how to group multiple fields into one dimension in qlik sense? for example, i would like to group age from 0 to 19 into one dimension instead of different columns. i tried using crosstable, but i have three dimensions so i failed.

can anyone help me? here is the excel file.

another question is ,how to link different sheet in qlik sense? i tried to solve the above question in this way:

first i deleted the time and created the file for each year. i used crosstable to group the multiple fields.but after this, how can i connect data in different year? i mean 'connect' is to make the year as one dimension so that i can use as filter. thanks

4 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Did you try...

Date:

CrossTable (Dims,Age,3)

LOAD time as Year,

URN,

W,

age0,

age1,

age2,

age3,

age4,

age5,

age6,

age7,

age8,

age9,

age10,

age11,

age12,

age13,

age14,

age15,

age16,

age17,

age18,

age19

FROM

YourFileLocation.....

In front end you can use Year as a filter to pick and choose...

Cross table will create some extra rows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shahbaz,thanks for your help. I used your code and now it works. But i am wondering what does 3 mean in the crosstable? can we use 2 here?? and also we load the time as year. does it mean we make the time as a global or master calendar?   i also have problems in defining time variable. For example, i uploaded two files. One is enrolment over 2013-2018. and the other is financial index over 2013-2017. The data in these two files are not exactly consistent. I tried to use the time in enrolment as filter but it doesn't affect the financial index when i select the time in enrolment. I am wondering how to always set the time as calendar, then all the time variable is connected and can be globally used in Qlik sense? Thanks

MK9885
Master II
Master II

3 would mean after 3rd dimension it will club all the dimensions.

If you give 2 then you'll have values from 'W' added to Age field.

For your time/year I see your data is just Year based and it is not date sliced...

Not sure how that would work....

But search for Generate dates from Year field in community...

I once had similar question....

check for answer from Anil in below link

Create Dates from Year