cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrBobo
Contributor
Contributor

how to set up import from daily Excel files

Need some advice on how best to set up data loading for my app. I have 2 Excel files that are generated each day. One is a list of patients seen in the ED. The other is a list of floors where patients are admitted to. Each report has an ID number that is unique to the ED visit.

When I first set up the app, I loaded patient list data for several days from an XLS file that had multiple tabs. Since then I've just been loading the new daily file. Everything seems to be working smoothly.

My original plan was to just keep loading the new daily reports. I ran into trouble when I tried to do a left join in order to add the admission location to the patient list data. Is it better to set up an association based on the unique identifier field? Is there a better way to accomplish this?

Thanks–

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wlad_Masi
Employee
Employee

Hi @MrBobo ,

You need to implement Incremental load.
Take a look at this links:

Loading new and updated records with incremental load

Incremental load for beginner with example

Incremental Load with Example

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Wlad_Masi
Employee
Employee

Hi @MrBobo ,

You need to implement Incremental load.
Take a look at this links:

Loading new and updated records with incremental load

Incremental load for beginner with example

Incremental Load with Example

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.