Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikasmahajan

how to sort Financial Year in Qlik sense manually by expression

Hi All,

I manage sorting for months & Quarters by expression in qlik sense using following expression

if( $(vSalesView) = 1, MonthNumber,if($(vSalesView) = 2,Match(Quarter,'Q1',  'Q2', 'Q3', 'Q4'),

if($(vSalesView) = 3,FinancialYear)))

But for financial year chart is not sorting .Financial Year Sort Manually.png

Does any one sort by financial year wise ?

vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
5 Replies
thkarner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

the question is which chart type you want to use. In your case obviously a bar chart.

The sorting is done automatically in case the field (e.g. YearQuarter, YearMonth) is a field of type dual.

This dual field has 2 representations, a text and a corresponding number, which is used for sorting.

If your want to use the continous time line in the line chart you should care for a proper calendar which supports the fiscal year also. In this case you can read my article for details.

Derived Calendar Fields

thkarner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

In this article you´ll also find in the chapter "Support for Fiscal Years?" how the Dual-Fields could be defined to support fiscal year representation.

sunny_talwar

How about this

if( $(vSalesView) = 1, MonthNumber,if($(vSalesView) = 2,Match(Quarter,'Q1',  'Q2', 'Q3', 'Q4'),

if($(vSalesView) = 3, SubField(FinancialYear, '-', 1))))

vikasmahajan
Author

Thanks for reply , No luck Sunny

Financial Year Sort Manually.png

my dimensions  =Pick(Match($(vSalesView),1,2,3),MonthName,Quarter,if(FinancialYear>=N_FinancialYear,FinancialYear ))

Measure

num( sum({<COMPANY={'ABCD'},Created_on_Flr={'>=$(=vCutOffDate3)'},FinancialYear=>} VolKL)/$(vDivide)

Can't share qvf since this is client data.

I want sorting on x axis.

Thanks

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
sunny_talwar

Can you create an expression like this

SubField(FinancialYear, '-', 1)

where you have FinancialYear as Dimension and share an image of the table?