Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to use created measures in set analysis

hi,

just i created a measure in qliksense (Sales_D) now i want to use that in set analysis .

is it Possible to use Created measures in Set analysis

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III

That is what i tried to tell you. Qlik isn't making a new field in your table when adding a measure to the master-elements. It's just a internal saving point for the expression of the measure so you can quick access it. If you want to use it in a normal table you can do 2 things, either use the original expression (as i did for november in my last upload of you file 1 post above) and use the change the expression for every single month so you'll get one month per measure or you can keep Sale_D as a Measure in your straight table and add another Dimension (Month).

PFA for examples on both tries.

Regards

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies
igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III

Hi there,

you can just drag and drop it on your vizualisation. If you wanna change something of the measure you can either go to the Master-elements tab and change it there so everywhere you use this measure, it will also be changed Or you click on graph and then on the little link at your measures name on the right side and unlink it, so you can work with it there "locally".

The measure itself can't be used further in set analysis, but you can use the code of the measure you created and edit this.

Hope i could help you

Regards

Chris

Not applicable
Author

thanks for response.

ok. i got it but when i want to use that measure in straight table just it showing no values but the same is working in pivote table but i need to do in straight table

ie.converting pivote table to straight table

igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III

Well you can use your measure everywhere you can use measures, just drag and drop them there.

The thing is, that it is a measure and no dimension, so if you want it to show values you need to put in a dimension first

and then it will give you values for that dimension.

Measures will never show values on their own. They are just an evaluation of values depending on a dimension given to them. (i hope this last sentence is comprehensible).

If you're talking about your "Sum of Sales" sheet and the straight table there, you don't have values for these Months so there are no values or am I wrong on that?

Regards

Chris

igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III

I see what you are trying there, you can't sum up a measure from the master elements.

As i said earlier you need to use your original measure and set analysis filter both sum's to get the wanted values

Not applicable
Author

Grate Responce.

but  iam using first dimension then measure (created measure)

sum({<[Month Year]= {"$(=Date(Max(AddMonths(Date#([Month Year], 'MMM YYYY'),-1)),'MMM YYYY'))"} >}Sales_S)

max month values are there  .like they are showing in pivote table

please Kindly Check Attached app

igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III

That is what i tried to tell you. Qlik isn't making a new field in your table when adding a measure to the master-elements. It's just a internal saving point for the expression of the measure so you can quick access it. If you want to use it in a normal table you can do 2 things, either use the original expression (as i did for november in my last upload of you file 1 post above) and use the change the expression for every single month so you'll get one month per measure or you can keep Sale_D as a Measure in your straight table and add another Dimension (Month).

PFA for examples on both tries.

Regards

Chris

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot .Christoph.