Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebrahimaljafri
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

i can not access to Qlik hub with different name of my Machine active directory's name

hi qlikers,

every time i attempt to access qlik hub i get bellow error :

"Your account is inactive. Contact your administrator to activate it.".

it is correct to see that because my user name status in qlik qmc is inactive . in fact i have another user and i want to used to access to hub.

i can not receive the window of entry user name and password credential. how can i make qlik ask for user name  and password  credential every time user attempt to access the hub .

please help 

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Create a new virtual proxy that does not use 'Windows' as the value for the Windows authentication pattern setting. That will show you a login page if you access it.

From the help file at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/Sense_QMC/authen...

Windows authentication pattern

The chosen authentication pattern for logging in. If the User-Agent header contains the Windows authentication pattern string, Windows authentication is used. If there is no matching string, form authentication is used.

Windows

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

To build off of @Gysbert_Wassenaar 's answer. Whether you are prompted for credentials or whether your local Windows credentials are passed through is fundamentally a browser specific behavior. Chrome and Internet Explorer both feed off of IE's trusted site list. Firefox doesn't much care what the others do in this regard.

If you're RDP'd on the server (e.g. as an administrative exercise) then you can always use https://127.0.0.1/ which pretty universally is not in IE's Trusted Sites whereas *.company.com is apt to be, depending on the GPOs applied in the environment.

If you're accessing Qlik Sense off the server then the forms approach that @Gysbert_Wassenaar mentioned is one very live option. If this affects a limited subset of users (perhaps even only yourself) then you can:

1. Remove whatever entry in IE's trusted sites is being fulfilled
  2. Use the Qlik Sense Enterprise server's IP address

Forms authentication is a perfectly fine approach but it very global in scope.

Back to the original, issue,  "Your account is inactive. Contact your administrator to activate it." suggests that there is a User Directory Connector (UDC) which is not finding the account which is being used. The most likely reason is an LDAP filter. LDAP filters are wise choices so a complete removal of it is not recommended. But an adjustment of the LDAP filter to include the user and/or group(s) the user belongs to is another approach.