Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

ignore the expression via set expression

Hi Folks,

i got a issue: i am using this Expression, for instance:

avg(aggr((Sum({<Projekt={"for one"}>}[Points]) / Sum({<Project={"for one"}>}[Scorepoint])),Project,SubProject))

and this Expression does work well.

my issue, how can i make this Expression as static, i mean, whatever i select within of my file (fields), i want that the result within this Expression still ignored (unchanged).

Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks a lot

Beck

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

You do this by adding a field and a =. See the example: , [FieldForIgnoring] = 

avg(aggr((Sum({<Projekt={"for one"}, [FieldForIgnoring] = >}[Points]) / Sum({<Project={"for one"}, [FieldForIgnoring] = >}[Scorepoint])),Project,SubProject))

Add all the fields that you want in here. 

A bit more advanced, but if you have a lot of them, add them in a variable and put in this in the back-end. Put then the variable in the set analysis.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder

View solution in original post

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Like:

avg({<Projekt={"for one"}>} aggr({<Projekt={"for one"}>} (Sum({<Projekt={"for one"}>}[Points]) / Sum({<Project={"for one"}>}[Scorepoint])),Project,SubProject))

View solution in original post

8 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

You do this by adding a field and a =. See the example: , [FieldForIgnoring] = 

avg(aggr((Sum({<Projekt={"for one"}, [FieldForIgnoring] = >}[Points]) / Sum({<Project={"for one"}, [FieldForIgnoring] = >}[Scorepoint])),Project,SubProject))

Add all the fields that you want in here. 

A bit more advanced, but if you have a lot of them, add them in a variable and put in this in the back-end. Put then the variable in the set analysis.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try putting your set analysis components in avg() and aggr() as well.

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master
Author

Hi Jordy,

thanks a lot for your Feedback, i have a Question: if i want to ignore the field: Subproject, although i have this field in my expression, i tried but it does not work. or am i missing something?

thanks a lot

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master
Author

Hi Tresesco,

thanks a lot for your Feedback, but i dind't catch what do you mean, can you Show me idea as example. thanks a lot

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Like:

avg({<Projekt={"for one"}>} aggr({<Projekt={"for one"}>} (Sum({<Projekt={"for one"}>}[Points]) / Sum({<Project={"for one"}>}[Scorepoint])),Project,SubProject))

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Beck,

Also try the thing that @tresesco mentioned, because you need it. You don't need to force it again if it's the same field because you already forced it to 'for one'. 

Add it in you avg/aggr and your formula will be as needed.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master
Author

Hi Tresesco,

thanks a lot for your help and time

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master